1. What are the check-in and check-out times for the lodge? Check-in is at 3:00 p.m. EST and check-out is 10:00 a.m. EST. **Additional fees apply for early check-in and late checkout.**
2. Do you allow smoking inside the lodge? The lodge is a NO SMOKING building. However, you may smoke outside and there are several sand buckets in which to place your cigarette butts. Please DO NOT leave them on the ground or decks.
3. Do you allow pets? Even though the owners are animal lovers, we are not able to accomadate pets at the lodge.
4. What linens do you furnish? All bed and bath linens are furnished upon your arrival. There are a washer and dryer available for your use during your stay. Replacement linens can be provided for an extra charge. We do NOT supplies beach towels for the hot tub or lake! Please do NOT remove towels from the lodge!
5. How is the kitchen furnished? The commercial kitchen is fully furnished with both commercial and residential stove, commercial dishwasher, refrigerator, and freezer. There are dishes and flatware to serve 50, pots and pans of every size, serving bowls and platters, toaster, mixer, blender, coffee maker, can opener, and microwave. Start-up supplies of trash bags, coffee filters, dish washing soap, and paper towels are also furnished. There is also a gas grill on the deck if you prefer outside cooking and dining.
6. How many people can sleep at the lodge? The lodge currently sleeps 27-33 adults.
7. What is your refund/cancellation policy? If we receive written notice of cancellation more than 90 days in advance of arrival date, we will refund the deposit minus a $250 cancellation fee. If written notice is received less than 90 days prior to arrival date, the deposit is forfeited. However, if possible we will offer to rebook at a future date in order to hep you avoid the loss of your deposit.
8. How do I reserve my dates? To reserve your requested dates, call Sara or Mike. After answering any questions you might have, we will send you a written quote by email. Attached to that email will be a "PAY NOW" button. You must click that button and authorize a secure payment of the deposit. You will receive a confirmation of your reserved date. NO payment will be charged to your credit card without your approval.
9. What are your departure policies? Upon departure, we ask that guests place all trash in tied trash bags (extras are located in kitchen drawer) and make sure that outside trash cans are tightly secured. Due to wildlife in the area, PLEASE DO NOT LEAVE UNSECURED TRASH ANYWHERE OUTSIDE. Place soiled dishes in dishwasher and start cycle. Place all wet towels and dirty linens in tubs or designated bins. Please turn all thermostats to 78 degrees in summer and 70 degrees in winter. Make sure hot tub cover is in place and turn thermostat to 85 degrees. Close and lock all outside doors and replace key in the lock box on the front porch. Thank you for helping us keep The Lodge at Douglas Lake a clean and attractive facility!